One thing that is crucial to the smooth running of any wedding is suppliers. Good suppliers can put the cherry on the cake of your perfect day and bad ones can add to an already extremely stressful time. Luckily for us we had amazing suppliers and all except one (long story) did nothing but reduce the stress leading up to our day.
I wanted to share the suppliers we used and would recommend to others, as trying to find quality, reliable and trustworthy suppliers can be a bit of a minefield. There was no real secret to how we ended up with such good suppliers, but if you’ve read my previous blogs you’ll know it did involve research, looking around and a hell of a lot of luck!
I’ve listed who we used below and put some photos showing their work at the bottom of the page. Whilst some suppliers may only be local to me in Buckinghamshire, a lot of them cover up and down the country and are willing to travel. Feel free to message/comment if you want any further information or details.
- The Dress – handily for me my sister works in a beautiful wedding dress shop called Gowns and Garters in Northampton which made knowing where to go very simple. They had a lot of different designers and styles and you can see what they have on their website and Facebook pages
- Wedding Stationery – Again luckily for me, my friend and colleague Laura is an amazing graphic designer who can take any idea and turn it into beautiful stationery. Laura designed our save the dates, invites, order of the day, wedding signs, table plan and thank you cards and they were all amazing. I’d recommend Laura for any kind of design work but see her talent for yourself on her website, Facebook and Instagram.
- Wedding cake – we asked the lovely Jenny North based in Chinnor to make our cake and it was so good that there was none left at the end of the night! You can find her website here. I found Jenny’s prices to be extremely reasonable and she was great at helping us to work out what we wanted
- Cheese and Pork pie cake- One of the elements of the wedding that everybody commented on was our 6 tier cheese and pork pie cake. We had it alongside our sweet cake and served it in the evening with fruit and crackers. We found the West Country Cheese Company online and they deliver across the UK. Although in the madness I only got one small bite of cheddar, I’m assured by everyone else that it was delicious!
- Bridal Hair – I found the brilliant Hair by Holly on Facebook looking at recommendations from other local people. Despite having three, yes THREE hair trial because I’m so indecisive, Holly was amazing and eventually I found my perfect hair style. Holly is so talented and lovely that I’ve even used her since to do my hair for a Great Gatsby themed party. You can find Holly on Facebook and Instagram. Oh and she has the prettiest hair colour, get ready for hair envy
- Makeup – As I said in previous posts I was lucky enough to know Alex from Very Bettie so had no doubt in booking her for mine and my bridesmaids makeup. I was so happy with how everyone looked on the day and would recommend her to anyone. She also does hair and semi permanent makeup. You can find her website here and she is also on Facebook and Instagram.
- Venue (Dorton House) – we loved our venue as it gave us the stately home wedding we’d always wedding but without the extreme price tag we’d seen in other locations. This is partly due to it being a school in term time and also not having accommodation for guests. If you’re not fussed about those two things it’s a stunning location with a great team of staff who work so hard to make your day perfect. You can visit their website here
- Wedding cars – we had two cars hired for the day; one for the bride, father of the bride and bridesmaids and one for the Bride’s family. I got my dream campervan from triple white weddings and Chris the driver was so lovely. He made sure we got our bottle of champagne even after the rush of leaving the house and even took some photos for us. Click here to see their website. For my family’s car we used Allerston Taylor Regency Carriages to hire the most beautiful Austin Princess limousine. It was absolutely stunning and they loved travelling to the venue in it.
- Videographer – As a colleague we knew we were in safe hands with Lee Charlton doing our wedding video. Despite being primarily a photographer Lee put so much effort in to researching our venue, the shots we liked and how we wanted the video to look. Id highly recommend Lee for any kind of photography not just weddings! Check out his website and Instagram for amazing photos!
- Photographer – I don’t think I need to really sell Marcus Charter as a photographer the images below speak for themselves. Marcus and second photographer Chris were absolutely amazing and gave us photos to cherish forever. Visit his website to see some of his amazing work for major wedding goals!
- Flowers – I absolutely loved all of our flowers. The best part of using Tricia Weber at The Flower Room is that I had no real idea of what I wanted and from telling her the colour scheme and my favourite flowers she produced the perfect bouquets, centrepieces and buttonholes for our day. Just take a look at her website and Instagram to see her incredible work.
- Band – Well what can I say about our band? from our first dance until the last song the dance floor was packed. They let us create the set list so every song was something we all wanted to dance to. The atmosphere was incredible and they were the favourite part of the day for a lot of people. I cannot recommend ‘Bustin Loose’ enough they are the life and soul of any party! see their website, Facebook and Instagram.
- Photobooth – I will be the first to admit I am a massive sucker for a photobooth so we really wanted to make sure we got a good one. We hit the jackpot with Gigglebooth because not only was it a great price being cheaper than others whilst being there for 5 yes 5 hours!! but they had so many other great features. Our guests were able to make key rings of their photos on the night to take with them and could stick their images in a guestbook with a message and we also got a DVD with all the photos (so no hiding the embarrassing ones as some had hoped!) To make things even better all the props for the night were brand new and we got to keep them!! so friends please be prepared for a homemade photobooth every time you come to our house! Check out their website Facebook (they have an overall UK page and localised ones, ours was the Essex and Hertfordshire branch), and Instagram.
- Wedding favours – we decided to get personalised wedding candles as our favours from the little forest soap company (trust me they also do candles). The candles were so cute, smelled amazing and came in the cutest boxes to give to guests. Laura above sent over her artwork to be printed on the favours which meant the theme ran through our day. We went for the zesty lime sent and it is gorgeous, they are also paraffin free soy wax candles so no nasties in there! Check out their website and Facebook.
- Confetti – I’ve mentioned this before but we got our confetti from Adam apple after seeing them originally on eBay (I think?) The prices were so competitive and the quality was amazing. Every guest had their own little pouch of confetti matching our colours with small stickers saying ‘throw me’ or ‘sprinkle me’ again in our wedding colour. The whole process of buying from adamapple was so good with cute packaging and great communication on their Instagram page. Oh and their products are 100% natural and biodegradable so perfect for many venues who don’t allow the paper stuff anymore. Check their website, Facebook and Instagram.
So those were our main suppliers who helped make our day so special. Having suppliers you know and trust is a massive part of any wedding day so using people you know are good can take a weight off your shoulders. As I said before feel free to ask questions or message me for more details about any of the above.